TRUST OF NANO NAGLE SCHOOL (TNNS-Goa)is an organization with Goa-Registration No 97/86, PAN NO: AAATT1375P & TAN: BLRT08040E, which is educating the slum children from 1983 within Margao TNNS-Goa was formed to provide English medium education for the slum and economically, socially an intellectually marginalized children of South Goa, specially of Margao, regardless of caste and religion
1) Education.... We conduct classes from Nursery to Std XII, ALL EDUCATION IN TNNS-Goa IS TOTALLY FREE, Thanks to our Donors. The main academic goal of the Trust is to prepare our children for the Public exams of the Delhi, Noida based Board of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) in English medium with six subjects, ie. English, Business (Commerce), Economics, Data Entry, Home Science (Introduction to Law for XII Std) & Painting. The Goa Board of Sec & H Sec demands and also the Goa University demands that ONLY the NIOS students who have passed NIOS Board exams with six subjects can do further University education. Also ENGLISH IS A COMPULSARY SUBJECT to pass NIOS Std X. THEREFORE, TNNS -Goa MAKES ENGLISH MEDIUM COMPULSARY. ALSO VERY STRONG DISCIPLINE is enfoced THAT ALL CHILDREN FROM KG CLASS ONWARDS SPEAK ENGLISH WITHIN SCHOOL PREMISES.
We also admit & educate the children who failed in the regular Goa Govt schools, specially those who cannot manage to pass in Mathematics, Hindi and Konkani subjects of the Goa Board. Thus the number of dropouts from the Goa Board is reduced in and around Margao; regarding dropouts from the Goa Board, TNNS-Goa does not pay attention to the economic level of the dropouts. At this stage the main orientation of TNNS-Goa is to see to it, that the intellectually marginalized children are encouraged to pass the Std X & Xll of the NIOS Board (Delhi-Noida) which is an internationally recognized education Board.
COMPUTER EDUCATION:- Basic computer Education is compulsory from Std IV onwards; but students of Std X & XII have daily classes for DATA ENTRY in our computer Hall. And all our teachers are trained for the Data Entry Course of NIOS. This our emphasis on Computer Education has helped our children to pursue the studies "on online" during this present Covid pandemic.
To further facilitate the education of our marginalized children, TNNS-Goa provides free exercise books donated by Mukti society of the Redemptorists, also free school uniforms, slippers, umbrellas & school bags are donated occacionally to our very much marginalized children. Apart from the school based academic orientation, we also expand the social dimension of our children by taking them even for morchas to highlight importance of girls education, avoid child labour etc.. and expose our children to the available museums of Goa.
2) Health of our school children and their families ... TNNS provides daily tiffin to all our children, further a special meal(BHADA KHANA) is given 4 times a year. TNNS collaborates with the District Health Dept for regular medical check ups. Children in need are sent for eye checkups regularly. Every month the Height & weight of all children is recorded. Medical camps are conducted regularly in the various slum areas from where the children come from.... Thus a holistic approach is followed by TNNS-Goa. During Covid times food grains are distributed to the families of our children.
3) The regular parent-teachers' meetings facilitates the staff to understand the family problems specially which helps the positive growth of the children.. especially the teen age children.
4) GAMES..children both boys & girls are compulsorily made to play and participate in out door games.. Our children participate in healthy competitions with other school children in foot ball, drawing, singing dancing, dramas and debates throughout the year.. Picnics for different groups (Pre Primary, Primary & Secondary with Higher Sec) are organized free of costs.
5) Counseling ....is very important for the Trust and we provide it by having a counselor for the school available any time of the day for the children as well for the parents.
6) EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES by the Trust for the marginalized community Home Care Nursing Course..... Girls who showed interest in assisting the patients, are given one year training course in theory and practice for the last 6 yrs. A Certificate provided with at the end of the course. Thus, 30 ex-students of TNNS are NURSES today!!!! Beauticians' Course... with this a few could start their own licensed beauty parlours. Tailoring classes... together with Small Scale Industries of Central Govt. Project we could train women and give certificates. Thus the families could increase their income.
7) RESULT ....Child labour is nearly abolished from the areas as a result of our presence and the education of these children increased. 100% decrease of girls begging but the marriageable age of girls increased from 7 or 8 to late teens!!! So also the percentage of girls getting degree and using modern amenities like washing machine. scooties, mobiles and laptops etc. increased. Even girls work as air hostess, nurses in hospitals and accountants. Data Entry" as a subject gives confidence for our students to face the modern world Better home appliances are used..personal transports not only boys as well girls began to use. Girls started working and increase their family income ... which is evident by their houses with better living conditions
Better job opportunities for boys..... many boys joined the higher education, many girls too pursue higher education through normal main stream. We are proud to say "a student of ours stood Third in Goa University for the Master's Degree in Commerce!!